Student Profile Form
Please complete and return this optional Student Profile form. All forms must be scanned or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday April 30th.
Please click on the link below to see see a document of community services created by our division Making Connections team.
Lethbridge Transit provides transportation by school bus. Students who attend our school but live outside the school boundary, qualify for bussing. Morning pick-up begins at approximately 8:00 a.m. Kindergarten students may ride the bus one way. However, parents must arrange noon hour transportation.
Please, click HERE for information on bus safety rules and regulations.
Volunteer Automobile Transportation
Any parent who transports students during a school trip are required to fill out a Volunteer Driver Form at the office prior to the trip (form found here). Parents are to ensure that students wear seat belts and that there are enough seat belts for the number of students they are driving.
Bicycles, skateboards and scooters are to be walked on school property and through the crosswalks. Skateboards and scooters may be kept inside the school where the students hang their coats. Bike racks are provided on the Southside of the school. Since the school cannot accept responsibility for students' bicycles, it is essential that students lock their bicycles securely to the bike rack at all times.
Parents who are visiting the school are welome to park on the 22nd Ave or 20th street being mindful of the bus drop off and pick up zones. Please remember that students should not be picked up or dropped off in the parking lot. Students may be dropped off on 22nd Avenue or on 20th Street. Parents may drop off students in the alleyway but are asked not to park their vehicles there. Signs have been posted but the city indicating that this is a no-parking zone and tickets may be issued.
General Guidelines for Administration of Medication
District staff may assist in the self-administration of medication by a student if so requested by the parent or guardian. In such situations, the principal shall ensure that;
1. Responsibility for the administration of prescribed medication rests with the parent or guardian. Upon written request by the parent or guardian, District staff shall assist by providing safe storage for prescribed medications. Parents and guardians should advise the school of all medications.
2. Staff are not authorized to give consent for medical treatment for a student,
3. Staff shall only directly administer medication to students in emergency situations (such as using an Epi-pen), or in situations in which the student is incapable of self-administration (such as when a student has a physical disability).
4. Staff will administer medication in accordance with written instructions from the parents or guardians;
a) Medications will be stored so as to prevent unauthorized access.
b) Procedures for dispensing of medication shall ensure each student receives the correct medication.
c) A record will be kept for each occasion on which medication is dispensed to a student.
d) In the case of regularly administered medication, written instructions shall be provided on an annual basis.
5. At times, it may be deemed necessary to identify students with medical conditions to others in the school in order to ensure the proper safety and supervision of the student; however, in such a situation, the school shall be as respectful as possible to the student's right to privacy.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the administration of medications while at school, please contact the office.
This absence reporting system used at Agnes Davidson is called SafeArrival through the School Messanger system. SafeArrival allows you to report your child’s absence quickly and conveniently in one of three ways:
1. Website - Note: You will need to set up an account before you can use the website to report an abscence.
2.. School Messanger APP with SafeArrival - Note: You will need to set up an account before you can use the app to report an abscence.
3. Call Toll Free Number 1-866-879-1041 (toll free - School Connects School)
* All absences need to be reported before the 8:38 am bell time. If you miss the 8:38 am deadline it is not necessary to call the school, please wait until the SafeArrival System contacts you to excuse the absence or late.
* For early departures or same day leave & return absences, please come to the office when picking up or dropping off your child.
* Report half day absences as late arrivals.
* When confirming an absence please make sure to press 2 at the end of the call, otherwise the system will continue to call until student absences are confirmed.
* All absence reporting methods are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
* SafeArrival website allows you to report absences, update contact phone numbers and email addresses should they change, as well as review messages sent through our SchoolConnects system.
* All absence reporting should go through the SafeArrival website, app or toll-free number. Please do not contact the school directly to report an absence.