AHS Nutrition encourages all parents to visit the “Healthy Eating Starts Here” website. It includes information for Healthy Eating Environments for Schools, Childcare Centres and Workplaces. You can visit their website at www.healthyeatingstartshere.ca
Healthy Kids Philosophy
- We believe healthy children have the greatest opportunity to achieve their academic potential.
- We promote opportunities within the school with respect to making healthy nutritional choices as defined by the Canada Food Guide.
- We strive to provide foods of high nutritional value while making allowances for celebratory or special even treats.
- We believe physical activity is vital to the healthy growth and development of children.
- We emphasize activities for enjoyment, for promoting fair play and for personal health.
- We provide opportunities for students to develop knowledge, skills and positive attitudes necessary to lean active healthy lifestyles.
Safe and Caring environment
- We teach positive social behaviors and reinforce the use of these skills in and around the community.
- We assist students with the ability to express thoughts and feelings constructively in order to build relationships and manage conflict.
- We encourage students to show respect for others and learn how to work together in order to become responsible citizens.